Mini-Byte: Pumpkin Scones


This is a little Mini-Byte, dedicated to my new blogger buddy, Belinda from What's Cooking in a Southern Kitchen. I was visiting her site the other day, when I came across her lovely post about her Heart Scones. They looked so good that I was drooling all over my keyboard! I had to make them. She told me to go for it, and I did.

Just for fun, I decided to make the scones in pumpkin shapes, since Halloween is rapidly approaching. I used Belinda's recipe, which you can find by following the link above. I substituted 1/4 cup of brown sugar for the same amount of white sugar. I also added a pinch of pumpkin pie spice. To make it a little interesting, I put a little orange food coloring in the mix. I think I could have used even more. I served the scones with apricot preserves and a dollop of creme fraiche. They were as good as I hoped they'd be.

Thanks, Belinda!


Comments

Sarah R said…
Those are too cute, great Halloween idea! Hope you don't mind I stuck you on my blogroll too, http://yummysmells-links.blogspot.com/2007/07/fellow-bloggers-my-inspiration.html if you'd like to see it. Thanks again for your awesome writing!
Belinda said…
Oh, wow! You did a wonderful job with the scones! I love the little pumpkins...and look how creative you were with decorating them too. :-) The pumpkin spice sounds like a really yummy addition...may steal that from you my next time around making these. And thanks so much for letting me know they worked out for you. :-) Cute post!
Susan @ SGCC said…
Sarah- Thanks for visiting. I absolutely do not mind being listed on your blogroll. I welcome it. I am going to do the same with your blog.

Hope to see you here again soon!

Belinda- I'm so glad you liked my scones(and my mini-byte). I had the decorating gel left over from a school project, so I drew the faces on for my little 5 year old nephews. Unfortunately, when I put plastic wrap on them to transport them, the faces got all smushed. Then, they looked a little too scary for little boys! Sigh! Live and learn.

Popular Posts