Can It Really Be December?

It has been a week since my last post - the longest I've ever gone without. The reason is that I have been out of town taking care of my mother, who has just had some surgery. Everything went really well and the prognosis is very good. But, we have been staying in a rented condo and the situation does not lend itself much to cooking or baking. I have missed it.

We will be going home on Wednesday or Thursday and I will be back in business then! I've been stockpiling recipe ideas and I can't wait to get back in my kitchen. Be it ever so humble, there's no place like home!

It is hard to believe that it is already December! What a year this has been. I have experienced some of the brightest and darkest moments of my life during these past twelve months. This little blog has been my salvation. I have poured a lot of love and care into it, and have met so many lovely people along the way.
.

(My Victorian Choir is already practicing for the Holidays!)


As I write this, I'm looking out the window at a gorgeous and sunny Florida day. It is 79 degrees outside! To all of you out there freezing your butts off, I'm blowing a little warmth your way!

That's no December sky!
Surely 'tis June
Holds now her state on high
Queen of the noon.

Only the tree-tops bare
Crowning the hill,
Clear-cut in perfect air,
Warn us that still

Winter, the aged chief,
Mighty in power,
Exiles the tender leaf,
Exiles the flower.
.
- Robert Fuller Murray, A December Day

Comments

Oh, that choir is so adorable!
Unknown said…
My mom would LOVE the carolers!

Popular Posts