Look at Me, I'm Sandra Lee,Full of creativity.Do what I've said,And you will be well fed...Because, I'm Sandra Lee!
1 whole store-bought roast chicken (about 2 pounds)
- Remove skin from chicken and shred meat into large pieces. Set aside.
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, add oil and butter and heat over medium heat. When oil is hot, add chopped onions, carrots and celery and saute until soft.
- Add broth, poultry seasoning, salt, pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce to simmer for about 10 minutes to soften vegetables, and then add shredded chicken. Continue to simmer while making dumplings.
- While stew is simmering, prepare dumplings. Open can and remove biscuits. With a knife, cut each biscuit into 4 pieces. Set aside.
- Stir in chicken gravy.
- With the stew still simmering over low heat, stir in dumplings a few at a time. Once all dumplings are in to pot, cover with a tight fitting lid and cook for 10 more minutes.
- Ladle into bowls and serve piping hot.