Good Friday

...
Today is Good Friday. Good Friday is the day when Christians commemorate the anniversary of Jesus Christ's crucifixion and death. Many spend this day in fasting, prayer, repentance, and meditation on the agony and suffering of Christ on the cross.

Since I will be observing this Holy Day, I didn't think it was appropriate to post about food today. So instead, I am leaving you with a little meditation music. Below is a recording of Antonio Lotti's Crucifixus, recorded by one of the choral groups I sing with. (I am the highest voice you hear.) I'll be back tomorrow with the final installment of Baking With Mom.



"Crucifixus etiam pro nobis sub Pontio Pilato passus, et sepultus est."
(For our sake He was crucified under Pontius Pilate. He suffered, died and was buried.)

Comments

Mallow said…
Gorgeous music - thanks for posting it.
Jill said…
That was so beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing. Is this part of a larger work? I'd love to have this for future Holy Weeks.
Anonymous said…
Bless you! Happy Easter, alleluia!

Tanti baci, Amy
Susan @ SGCC said…
Malow- Thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed it,

Jill- Thanks! It is a sacred Renaissance motet. It's not part of a larger work. Actually, the text is taken from the Credo of the Catholic Mass.

Amy- Mille grazie! Happy Easter to you too.

Popular Posts