Name My Pasta Contest Winners!!!

...

I'm sure you've all been waiting with bated breath for this, so here it is.  Ladies and gentlemen, and everyone in between, I'd like to introduce you to.......(drumroll please)........Chicken Pasta Alfresco! 



Remember when I wrote this post last week asking for your help in naming my pasta dish? Well, little did I know how many of you were out there actually paying attention.  I received over forty clever and creative suggestions for the name of this dish.  That was way too many for me to process all by myself.  I had to enlist the help of my loyal and trusted kitchen assistants and resident taste-testers. 

...

This is Mini SGCC.  She's made a few appearances on this blog before, and I've written of her many times. Mini SGCC is uniquely qualified to be on this panel because she is fourteen, and thus, knows everything.
......
....

....



....



....

....

This is Philson, the Wonder Dog.  Philson has a very discriminating palate and is an expert on cleaning up spilled food off of tile floors.   He is also a great arbiter of good taste and gracious living.
.......
....

It was a long, difficult process. Each of us had our own favorites and there were many disagreements among the panel.  At one point, Philson started to get a little out of control and needed a time-out!  He is sooooo opinionated and frankly, just a little too bossy!  For hours, we kept bouncing back and forth among the submissions and just could not come to a consensus. 

...
In the end, we finally decided on Christa's (Our Fun Life) entry, Chicken Pasta Alfresco, because it was concise, easy to remember and accurately described the essence of the dish.  It was perfect!  As a token of my appreciation, I will be sending Christa a copy of Mario Batali's hot, new cookbook, Italian Grill.  Thank you Christa, and congratulations!

...

...
But wait!  There's more!  My esteemed colleagues and I agreed that there was another entry that we wanted to recognize as well.  Heather (Diary of a Fanatic Foodie) suggested that I name my pasta Sicilian Summer in a Bowl.  We loved that!  It sounded so lyrical and conjured up lovely images for us, so we decided to give Heather a cookbook too.  Now, I only have one copy of Italian Grill, but I do still have a brand new copy of Top Chef: The Cookbook left over from my Top Chef giveaways. So Heather, this one's for you!

Christa and Heather, if you'll both email me with your mailing addresses at stickygooeycreamychewy AT gmail DOT com, I'll send your cookbooks out to you as soon as possible.  Thanks, and congrats again!

...

...
I want to thank all of you who participated in this contest.  All of your entries were great!  I wish I could send each of you something more than just my gratitude and this virtual cake.  Unfortunately, Mr. SGCC is not Bill Gates, so I can't.  I can tell you that my one year blogiversary is coming up in September and I'm planning some terrific giveaways to celebrate. 

..
Stay tuned!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I swear, that is the cutest dog I have EVER seen in my life!

Nice blog - I have been enjoying it for some time now, but this is my first comment. Couldn't get by Philson without saying something! :-)
Anonymous said…
Can I have some cake?
Anonymous said…
Congrats to Christa, that's a great name for a great dish.
OMG, your mini-me is so pretty. And philson is such a CUTIE!! Gosh, beautiful genes fun in your family!
Dewi said…
Too bad that I only found your site today, I would have participate too! Your dog is so adorable.
Anonymous said…
I see you in your daughter! I'll have a piece of cake too please! That looks too good to pass up.
Debbie said…
I had to laugh when you said that 14 year olds know everything....they know everything till they are around 21....then they think they may not know "everything" but they still know more than their mom does.!!!!!
Your daughter is gorgeous and your doggie is adorable.

Of course she knows everything. Teenagers always do.
Heather said…
Gratz you guys! Those are both great names. :) Ironic, I'm also Heather and I also have the Top Chef Cookbook, which I won in an SGCC contest! Full circle, I tell you.
jmisgro said…
"Unfortunately, Mr. SGCC is not Bill Gates," maybe you don't want Bill Gates but his wallet? hehehe
Congrats to the winners and to you for making a great dish!
test it comm said…
That cake looks good!
Your daughters gorgeous and your dog is adorable. Congrats to the winners!
Jescel said…
ow... your mini-SGCC is pretty.. and philson.. oh my, he's so precious!!!!
Christa said…
Yeah!!! Thank you so much!!
I'm so excited!

Your daughter is a beauty!

Thanks for hosting the contest
I thought they knew everything by at least 8. ;) She's lovely, Susan.

Popular Posts